Homeschool Music Classes
Music education is an important component of a well-rounded academic experience. However, many parents may feel uncomfortable with their own level of music competence, and be unsure how to teach this subject to their homeschooled children. In our homeschool music classes, students will learn the basics of music theory, history, and appreciation, as well as participate in hands-on instrument play and group singing exercises.
Homeschool Field Trip Days
Join us for special homeschool classes. All ages are welcome, but activities will be geared more towards elementary and middle grades. Children with special needs are welcome to attend!
When: Thursdays, 2pm – 3pm
What: Each month will have a different theme:
- December 13 – Holidays and Celebrations – Celebrate the holidays with song! If your child plays an instrument, feel free to bring it along to show off their talent! [Overflow date is December 14th.]
- January 17 – iPad and iPhone Music Apps – Focus will be on free (or cheap!) apps and will culminate in an iBand, so be sure to bring your devices with you. (Will also try to find Droid apps.)
- **NOTE** Homeschool classes for February and March have been cancelled due to scheduling issues on our end. We apologize for any inconvenience and will see you in April!
- April 18 – Tone Chime Choir – We will play a variety of music using Suzuki tone chimes.
- May 23 – GarageBand Audio Recording – We will record a song using GarageBand for iPad. Each student will have their own part to play and will receive a copy of the recording! (**Note that this is a date change from the original schedule.**)
Cost: $5 for one child; $10 for family (payment can be made on the day of the class by cash, check made out to Bolton Music Therapy, or debit/credit card).
Summer 2013 Homeschool Choir
Join us for a homeschool choir this summer! Open to ages 10 to 13 who will be homeschooled during the 2013-2014 school year. Will consider older or younger students if space allows. Based on interest, there willl be a possibility of continuing during the school year. Minimum of 8, maximum of 15 for choir.
When: Thursdays, 11am – 12pm, July 11 – August 15
Cost: $50/child or $75/family. (Special introductory rate for summer only!)
Where: 1833 Ward Drive, Suite 103, Murfreesboro
Pre-registration is required (see link below). For more information, email email@example.com or call 615-796-6162.Register Now!